Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Paris Reloaded (aka 2008)

Yet another G-Unit reunion took place in Paris on May.
Our mission was simple: Get 5th place in the volleyball tournament, a long-standing hope ever since last year's trip. We failed...
What we didn't win in the tournament's placement though, we won in fun, new friends and hope that we will keep on improving and that in 3 year's time we'll get first place: See, we got 6th this year and we want to believe in math, patterns and their inevitable consequences.
Karim, that means you need to practice thrice per week, every week of the year, and not just one.
:p

In retrospect I do think we all played well, but the truth of the matter is placement is not important as long as we have fun galore. And that we did.Following the long standing Inside-Joke-Quotes Paris tradition I present some below:
  • Annoying Conversation in the Train-Tram-Metro, you name it.
    • And then she was like... blah blah blah
    • And I was like...
    • And then she was like so whatever...
    • Like... like...
  • We'll do this the engineering way: Proof by Example.
    • I think we should have blocked that guy's line.
    • Yeah? You think? Give me an Example...
  • Karim's funny bitchy moments.
    • Eddie: Sorry guys, my fault...
    • Karim: We know...
    • All: [delirious laughs]
    • ... time passes, several plays take place ...
    • Gus: Nice dig Karim!
    • Karim: I know...
    • All: [delirious laughs]
  • Enough said.
    • Bonjour...
    • I'll bon your jour!
    • Koutchi, Koutchi...
    • Koutchi, Koutchi, kou...
    • In face of you, the palece of ...
  • French 101.
    • Allo, qui est a l' apareill?
    • C'est moi Filippe, et toi?
    • C'est moi Corrine.
    • Comment ca va?
    • Ca va bien et toi?
    • Tres bien.
And one of the trip's funny highlights which I couldn't have described better myself, so I'll use Dan's narration.

Gus, god bless his innocent friendliness. Upon arriving to Paris a day early, he sees an Italian volleyball team that he recognizes from last year. He approaches to say hi. The Italians have no clue who he is. He lifts his shades. Still nothing. He smiles, shrugs, and walks away - ego bruised. This becomes the weekend's best joke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not bad...not bad! Congratulations to you and your team - maybe one day I'll get to play against them...

W.