Friday, June 01, 2007

Paris, the highlights

For this once, I am not referring to miss Hilton's hair.
Instead, I'm referring to the Paris vacation which is now nearing its completion....

Our team managed to finish 8th out of 10 in the tournament's A league.
We could have done better, but our performance on Saturday was way below what it should have been. Sunday however, was a different story! A feisty G-Unit put forward a recital performance against the then 2nd team (who would eventually finish 4th), and we scored an important victory with two winning sets, 20-13 and 20-09. You can see the happiness reflected in our faces below.


The New Inside-Joke quotes
  • Oh come on, people are dying back here!
  • Just buy shorter shorts...
  • - Dan, Dan, Dan, Danny, Danny, Daniel, Daniel wake up! - Whaaaat?!?!?! - G-Unit needs you.
  • That's not classy...
  • Bravo!!! [frantic clapping ensues]
  • When I was in Jamaica...
  • Do you like Bob Marley?
  • Pita Bread!!!
  • Fifth... [delirious laughs ensue]
  • Dear diary...
  • We ought to talk!
  • - Mercy! - Beacoup, Beacoup!
  • Bagel. Oh god, I keep getting this picture in my head...
  • What's a guy gotta do around here to get a gommage?

The Cheers
  • Ace, Martina! M.A.R.T.I.N.A. ACE! Ooohh!
  • Dumb bitch [clap, clap, clap], Dumb bitch [clap, clap, clap].
  • - Au sigming! - Ping!
  • Allons, energy!!! ooooOOOOOHHH
  • Barbie, Jouie! Hi hi hi hi hi.

The Classics
  • - Didn't your mama teach you how to show affection? - Well, she did, she tried, it didn't work...
  • Talk, talk, talk... Just too much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the memories... thanks again for doing the list. I shall refer to it frequently (any time that I need a chuckle).

It was a pleasure to be on the court with you again... and an honour to some day teach you my technique ;)

Constantinos (did i spell it right?)... you are a classy guy.

Anonymous said...

Dino, you rock!

Thanks so much for putting this together. I couldn't stop laughing at the inside-joke quotes!!!

And I agree with Dan-Danny-Daniel... you played AMAZING, Gus! The indoor training in Greece is really paying off. I look forward to sharing the court with you again in the near future.

Cheers mate,
Eddie

P.S. Pita Bread!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gus,
thank you so much, I couldn't stop laughing...
It was really a great trip and volleyball was very good (not the first day..)
I enjoyed playing with you Gus and all you guys, may be the 8th position wasn't the ideal situation but still, we rocked.
Hope your abstention will end soon, you will be able to jump even higher.
See you soon I hope
Pita Bread
Best,
Karim