Monday, August 14, 2006

Memories

Just arrived home in Greece, after a trip that lasted approximately 48 hours.
Long trips in the real world lend themselves to trips down memory lane.

Most of my trips were on recent events. But some headed to the past. Wayback where memory lane begins to fade. But memories are like antiques, gaining value over time. And here is one from a while back:

My family and I had gone on a hike on a mountain close to my village. The name of the mountain loosely translates to "The nun's mountain". It was a sunny day and very warm. I remember waking through golden fields. I was getting thirstier by the moment. But I feared not. I knew we would sooner or later come across the house where the Nun lives. She would give us water and let us continue our journey.
But time passed, I got thirstier and thirstier.
We never ended up finding a Nun.

Sure, being a victim of naivete at a young age is natural. But does it really end there? It's said that 'what we want to be true, we generally believe to be true'. And some things never truly change. They disguise themselves but they don't change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

perception is reality in the eye of the beholder...glad to hear you made it back home safely after a mega-cross-country move! W2

Nick said...

Back in mother Greece eh Goose? Well, I'm sure your family really misses you there, and I guess it's good to be back home. I'm not sure what your plans are, but make sure you come back soon! Sry we missed you in Seattle.