Sunday, August 20, 2006

Back to basics

It's been more than a week since arriving back home.
I've been en-climatized again and I am now back to basics, inventing and misspelling words.

The future looks kind of mixed.

The bad: More than half of my friends are either going to the army or going abroad (to avoid the army?) for grad-studies. My timing of return is quite frankly ill-chosen.

The good: The open swimming pool near my home is nearing its completion. It's a marvelous Olympic-sized pool. I'll make it a habit to go there. Nick, next time we race I'll tear you into pieces. But more importantly: I spoke with a volleyball coach and it seems he will accept me in his team. It's a team that trains regularly and it's kind of 5-days-training-a-week-serious, so my volleyball skills might just go up after all. G-Unit and Trombones this is for you as much as it is for me.
We start practicing on Monday. It will be more fitness practice for the first couple of days and then we'll go in an actual court sometime in the next weekend.

To Volleyball!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gus, sorry to hear of your friends deserting you.

pool = finally! get your fat booty in the pool to work off all that fat american food you ate!

volleyball almost everyday - wow, that's a lot of laundry!

good luck - w2

Anonymous said...

Hey Gus,

maybe you'll be able to keep your place in G-Unit with all this volleyball. Hahaha...hope you'll have fun and that you will get even better than you already are at volleyball.

See ya

Francis

Nick said...

Bring it!!! I'm not afraid to challenge random strangers in a pool, next time you're back in Canada, we race!

Unknown said...

Francis: Does this mean i won't be "flushed"?

Nick: Yes you often challenge random strangers, especially girls. Shame on you! Someone needs to teach you a lesson.